Yes, believe it or not, Pinterest can be your #1 Traffic Source
I found a nice surprise in my Google Analytics. On my flooring site, my epic flooring article on 2017 Hardwood Flooring Trends is performing incredibly well and in a very short time period. I launched the post on the afternoon on 12/31/16, so it’s been around for 28 days.
So far, it has over 13,000 clicks! And, it’s just getting started.
Just to put this in perspective, last year’s hardwood trend article (for 2016) only got around 1,900 clicks for the same time period, and it was launched 1 week before. That article ended up at around 115,000 clicks for the year. Not bad.
Where did the 13,000+ clicks come from? 3,600 of those clicks are organic (meaning that people searched for it on google, bing, etc.) That is excellent, and I expect that number will continue to grow. It’s a great base to build on, and based on the performance of the last 3 year’s trend articles, that should build over the next 3-4 months or so.
Now, here’s what’s interesting. Over 8,500 clicks came from Pinterest! Yes, Pinterest!
I’ve been mentioning again and again that Pinterest is great platform to gain traffic. And, what I’ve been hypothesizing and noticing is that it can really help you gain momentum quickly on new articles (provided that the content is excellent and you have attractive pins). Read more about how to drive Pinterest traffic to your website here.
Not only is Pinterest driving traffic, but it appears that it’s accelerating my long term organic traffic as well, as people are reading the article and staying on the page for a while. (The average time on page is around 5 minutes).
If I look at the social shares for the article, I already have over 1,100 social shares. 983 of them are from Pinterest! I created 3 pinterest vertical images for this article (because it was a very important article for me). Here’s a link to the top 2017 image on pinterest. (By the way, if you have a pinterest account, I would love, love, love if you can share it.)
I have several other articles that are also getting traffic from Pinterest. I’m now slightly over 12,000 clicks/month from Pinterest and I’m hoping to keep growing. In fact, I would love to multiply that number by 9 or 10 fold.
I’m amazed at some of the people that are killing it with Pinterest. Many are doing 30,000-50,000 clicks per month, and I’ve seen many that are 100,000+ clicks or more per month. That’s what I’m striving for.
If you aren’t using Pinterest for your priority blog posts, you are really missing out.
And, I do want to note that I don’t have a ton of followers. I’m now at 2,000 followers (a number that I’m happy with). The key though is not the number of followers you have, but rather the extended reach you can get from joining groups. You can read more about what I’m doing in this article: How to drive Pinterest traffic to your website.
Other useful articles:
- How to create your own wordpress blog
- 8 Insider Pinterest Tips to grow traffic to your website
- My free ebook – 35 Ways to get more repeat and referral business
PRODUCTS YOU MAY LIKE:
- BLUEHOST (For website hosting) – Have you started your website yet? Check out this article to see how you can quickly start your own website for close to free (less than $4/month). Get started today!
- ACTIVECAMPAIGN (For email marketing and CRM) – I should have done this years ago! But, I’m so glad that I finally took the plunge and invested in a CRM program. If you have a customers and if you are looking to improve your close rate and/or looking for more repeat/referral business, this is a MUST HAVE. Click here for your free trial of ActiveCampaign.
- TAILWIND and BOARDBOOSTER (for Pinterest). Wow. These tools have already doubled the traffic I’m getting from Pinterest, and I’m just getting started. And, they are HUGE time savers. They both come with free trials. Here’s the free trial for Tailwind. After that, it’s just $10/month for unlimited pins (if you by the annual plan). And, if you use my link, you’ll get $15 off your first month. Here’s the free trial for Boardbooster. After that, you can do a plan for as low as $5/month. It’s totally worth it when you think about how much time it saves you and how much more effective you’ll be.
- BLOG TRAFFIC EBOOK – How I went from 17,000 to 350,000 page views in 9 months. In this ebook, Lena shares 17 strategies she used to quickly boost her blog traffic. This will help accelerate the traffic to your website, regardless of niche and help you do it much faster.
- PINTEREST TO PROFITS COURSE – This course is by McKinzie Bean who I’ve followed online for a while. Her blog is excellent, and she is a Pinterest Whiz. On top of that, she explains everything in layman’s terms. I highly recommend this for those that are serious in upping their pinterest game.
Can Pinterest REALLY drive traffic to your Website???