Here’s a quick and easy marketing tip (and it’s inexpensive, too!)
When I owned my own flooring business, I would get leads while sitting in Starbucks. I would go to Starbucks in between appointments so I could work on my estimates and have internet connection. It was a nice environment too with coffee (and food) and music, and I found that I was generally more productive there.
The whole thing was serendipitous. I hadn’t planned it.
Now, here’s my little secret…
I had a laptop sticker.
So, while I sat in Starbucks doing my work, my laptop sticker would do the hard work and advertise for me.
The sticker was inexpensive – it only cost $15 and you could probably get done at any local printer, or even order one online. Of course you do need to somehow make the graphics. You can probably use a free program like Canva.com or PicMonkey. Be sure that if you have any photos/graphics that they are hi res (otherwise they may come out blurry when they are printed.
Please note that the laptop sticker looked professional (I’ve whited out the logo since I’m no longer working there) and it was glossy, so that it was easy to keep clean. At one point, I had a white matte sticker and it got dirty within a day or two.
I just found that you can create you own design online on Zazzle. You can choose your laptop size so that it fits perfectly. They also have options to customize the cover for you cell phone, ipad, ipod, kindles, and many other items.
While I was sitting there, people would come up to me and ask me about the sticker. Some of them were in the market for flooring, and voila I had instant (and free leads). Some were realtors or owners of businesses that were related to me…and they became networking contacts who could refer business to me (and vice versa).
I then started wearing a branded shirt and a branded bag. That helped as well. Sometimes when I was on line for my coffee, people would ask me about my shirt and sometimes that would lead to more business (or sometimes, just an interesting conversation that made the time on line more pleasant.)
I found that Starbucks was also a place where many of my customers would hang out. So sometimes, I had a customer who wasn’t ready to their flooring yet, but then 2 months later, I would run into them at Starbucks, and voila an additional closed sale. Or sometimes, I would run into a past customer, and they were ready for their next flooring project. Of they would be with a friend and would recommend me to their friend.
My coffee at Starbucks was more than paid for with the leads and networking I would do there. It was a very smart investment.
Oh, and here’s another tip. If you have a dog, get a branded shirt for your furry friend. Most people love dogs and this will ask you about the dog, and then the shirt (i.e. your business). You never know who’ll you’ll meet or where you’ll meet them. But, some of them can use your help, so make it super easy for them to find you.
How I get business while sitting at Starbucks
Other useful articles:
- How to create your own wordpress blog
- 8 Insider Pinterest Tips to grow traffic to your website
- My free ebook – 35 Ways to get more repeat and referral business
PRODUCTS YOU MAY LIKE:
- BLUEHOST (For website hosting) – Have you started your website yet? Check out this article to see how you can quickly start your own website for close to free (less than $4/month). Get started today!
- ACTIVECAMPAIGN (For email marketing and CRM) – I should have done this years ago! But, I’m so glad that I finally took the plunge and invested in a CRM program. If you have a customers and if you are looking to improve your close rate and/or looking for more repeat/referral business, this is a MUST HAVE. Click here for your free trial of ActiveCampaign.
- TAILWIND and BOARDBOOSTER (for Pinterest). Wow. These tools have already doubled the traffic I’m getting from Pinterest, and I’m just getting started. And, they are HUGE time savers. They both come with free trials. Here’s the free trial for Tailwind. After that, it’s just $10/month for unlimited pins (if you by the annual plan). And, if you use my link, you’ll get $15 off your first month. Here’s the free trial for Boardbooster. After that, you can do a plan for as low as $5/month. It’s totally worth it when you think about how much time it saves you and how much more effective you’ll be.
- BLOG TRAFFIC EBOOK – How I went from 17,000 to 350,000 page views in 9 months. In this ebook, Lena shares 17 strategies she used to quickly boost her blog traffic. This will help accelerate the traffic to your website, regardless of niche and help you do it much faster.
- PINTEREST TO PROFITS COURSE – This course is by McKinzie Bean who I’ve followed online for a while. Her blog is excellent, and she is a Pinterest Whiz. On top of that, she explains everything in layman’s terms. I highly recommend this for those that are serious in upping their pinterest game.
Can Pinterest REALLY drive traffic to your Website???